3. Cascade Time! I treated this project as a loose bouquet on top of the cascade. To get the cascade, I chose the longer Italian ruscus vines and placed them all on the bottom/front of the bouquet. I layered them on top of each other with sprigs of seeded eucalyptus and plumosa fern. Then, I adjusted until everything felt balanced.
4. Trim the stems and that's it! I made sure the stems were extremely short! That way, the bride would be able to hold them close to her body with the cascade going down. I finished it off with a ribbon around my tape. And that's pretty much it!
A Few Notes:
I only used floral tape to secure everything together as I went. When I place a few blooms in, I will tape it before I add more. This works well especially for a bouquet this big. With smaller bouquets I will tape when I am all finished.
If you have questions, feel free to comment below or email me! I'm not very good at explaining my process in writing, so hopefully I will be able to record and upload a video of the design process! Basically, when playing with flowers...just play! It's all a big experiment! Flowers are not paint! You can always start over if it's not turning out! Happy Flowering!
Photo Credit: Idaho Avenue